Download the extension from https://www.ftrack.com/downloads
Make sure you have the following dependencies installed
Open ZXP Installer.
ZXP Installer is required for installation with Adobe Photoshop CC 2015. If you are using Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 and have Adobe Extension Manager installed you can use it instead of ZXP Installer.
4. Locate the downloaded ZXP file and install it by dropping it on ZXP Installer
If you get any errors during installation see Troubleshooting installation for more information.
All done! See Using for instruction on how to use the extension.
Building from source¶
Unless you are doing any modifications, there should be no need to build the extension yourself.
To build the extension you will need to have a few Adobe applications installed, available via Creative Cloud. You will also need to have Node.js with NPM installed.
The extension is built using grunt-cep.
- Install ftrack connect.
- Install Creative Cloud
- Install Photoshop CC 2014 or CC 2015
- Install Extendscript Toolkit CC
- Open and quit Photoshop one time once it is installed.
- Install Node.js with NPM
- Install the Grunt command line interface (globally):
npm install -g grunt-cli
- Clone the ftrack-connect-photoshop repository and switch to appropriate branch.
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ftrack/ftrack-connect-photoshop.git
- In a terminal window, navigate to the repository root and install dependencies:
- To build and install the extension in debug mode, run:
- To build and sign a release package, run:
- The extension is opened from .
- Remote debugging is possible by opening
localhost:<port>a web browser.
The port number to use for remote debugging can be found in build/debug/.debug after grunt debug has been executed.
When installing dependencies, you might get a compilation error when building
ws. You can safely disregard from this error.
Under windows, grunt-cep will assume that you are running Node and
Adobe Photoshop with the same bitness (e.g. both in 64-bit versions) and
will fail to install the extension otherwise. You can install the dependency
manually by first running
grunt build and then copying the
Enable debug mode in the windows registry by adding a string value with
PlayerDebugMode and value